DIY: CREATION OF CHAI TEA-INFUSED CANDLES
On those cold winter days, is there anything better than spending the day cuddled up under a warm blanket with a delicious cup of your favourite tea? Difficult to think of a better scenario! During these relaxing moments, the ambience plays an important role. To make your home feel like a spa, scented candles are a must. Have you ever thought of making homemade chai tea-infused candles? We’re sure you will love these DIY candles that are both original and simple to make!
A DIY PROJECT
Are you familiar with the term DIY? It means do it yourself, meaning a project is homemade. DIY projects are more and more popular, and we understand why! These creative projects allow you to do an original activity without busting your budget.
Why not organize a DIY project day with your best friends? It would allow you to not only create a personalized object, but also share a moment in good company. You can find a multitude of ideas and projects on Pinterest. In this article, we wanted to inspire you by showing you how to make chai tea-infused candles!
WHY CHAI TEA?
Originating in India, Chai tea is a fabulous mix of black tea leaves, spices, milk, and honey. This drink is consumed daily and is enjoyed by people from around the world. We know you will love these delicious aromas in your scented candles. You’ll see, the soothing fragrance of Four O’Clock Chai tea will fill the room and help you to relax. Trust us!
THINGS TO GET FOR YOUR TEA-INFUSED CANDLES
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 4 bags of Four O’Clock Chai Tea
- Soy wax (2 times the quantity of your tea cup)
- 5 drops of your favourite essential oil
- 1 cup of tea
- 1 saucepan
- 1 double boiler, consisting of two pans of different sizes (or a saucepan and a cul-de-poule)
- A measuring cup in glass
- A spatula
- A pair of pliers
- Popsicles sticks
- A small elastic
- 1 candle wick
- 1 wick holder
A FEW STEPS TO FOLLOW TO MAKE YOUR CANDLE
- Prepare your ingredients listed above for your candles.
- Take your previously cut wick the right length and insert it into the wick holder. Pinch the stand with a pair of pliers to hold the wick securely in place.
- On the fire, in a saucepan, infuse your tea bags in the coconut oil. Wait until they begin to open and your oil is scented.
- Remove your tea bags.
- In a double boiler, melt your soy wax, separately.
- Once the wax has melted, remove from the heat and soak your wicks. Then let them rest on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Dip your metal base into the wax to fix it onto the bottom of your mug with popsicle sticks and your little rubber band.
- Mix your infusion and wax in a glass measuring cup and add your 5 drops of essential oil. For this candle, we chose to put coconut as an essential oil.
- Holding your candle wick straight, carefully pour your mixture into the teacups.
- Let it sit for at least 2 hours and don’t forget to cut the extra candle wick.
- Pour yourself a cup of tea and light your DIY candle!
Note that you can easily double the ingredients to make two candles.
Voila! All that’s left to do is find the perfect place in your home to display your scented candle creation. Super simple, right?
Finally, we hope this DIY candle making project will be a success. Regardless of the results, we are sure you will have a lot of fun doing it! Why not offer these beautiful chai tea-infused candles to your guests at your next dinner party? They will certainly be charmed by your gift. Don’t hesitate to share your results with us on social media using the #momentfouroclock
Get started on your DIY tea-infused candles today!