5 TEA-BASED HOMEMADE HAIR MASK RECIPES
Tea-lovers know this well: the passion for tea can be in various forms and has no limits. It is of course possible to enjoy the benefits of tea by infusing it or adding it to some recipes. But it is also possible for your hair to benefit as well! Whether it is to give it radiance, to add a little volume or to enhance highlights, discover these 5 simple and effective hair masks made from tea.
Caution, since the use of tea enhances the color of the hair, it is better for blondes to opt for chamomile and for darker tresses to choose a black tea. Green teas are recommended for all shades.
Chamomile lightens gradually lighter hair. By combining the use of this homemade hair mask with moderate exposure to the sun, you will get natural looking highlights.
1. CHAMOMILE AND LEMON RINSE WATER
- 2 to 3 tea bags or chamomile herbal tea
- 15 ml of lemon juice
- 250 ml of boiling water
- A bottle in which to prepare the hair mask
- Infuse tea or chamomile herbal tea bags in boiling water for 30 minutes. Allow it to cool completely.
- Pour into the bottle, add the lemon juice. Mix.
- Pour the rinse water on clean, dry hair.
- Let the hair dry outdoors, ideally under the sun.
- Repeat daily until you get the desired highlights.
Black tea recipes are suitable for brown or black hair. Black tea is known for giving shine to dry and damaged hair, while making it silky.
2. BLACK TEA MASK
This black tea hair mask darkens dark hair and enhances highlights.
- 175 ml of infused black tea
- 65 ml orange powder
- 65 ml neutral henna
- 65 ml of Kapoor Kachli powder
- 30 ml of coffee grounds
- A large bowl in which to mix everything
- Infuse 175 ml of black tea, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine orange powder and Kapoor Kachli powder with neutral henna and coffee grounds.
- Pour the black tea over the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Apply to clean, wet hair.
- Leave it on the hair for 2 and a half hours.
- Rinse with warm water, then apply a conditioner.
- Clean the hair thoroughly. Allow the hair to air dry.
3. BLACK TEA RINSE WATER
The following recipe makes it possible to make the hair soft with black tea, in addition to maintaining hydration and preventing frizz.
- A tea bag of black tea
- 250 ml of mineral water
- A few drops of coconut oil
- A bottle in which to prepare the rinse water
- Infuse the tea bag for 10 minutes in boiling mineral water. Let cool.
- Remove the tea bag. Pour the water into the mask bottle.
- Add the coconut oil, shake well.
- Use after washing hair, massage the rinse water into the scalp. Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the hair with lukewarm water. Repeat once a week.
Green tea is known for its antioxidant effects, but also for its benefits when added to a homemade hair mask. Among other things, it delays hair loss, promotes growth and shine, and reduces the production of dandruff.
4. GREEN TEA AND HONEY MASK
Green tea is ideal for enhancing dry hair that lacks radiance. This homemade hair mask naturally lightens hair.
- 30 ml of green tea
- 40 ml of honey
- 10 ml of olive oil
- The Juice from a lemon
- A large bowl for the mask
- Infuse green tea, put aside.
- In a large bowl, mix tea, honey, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Apply to clean, damp hair.
- Leave on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the hair thoroughly.
- Allow the hair to air dry.
5. MATCHA GREEN TEA MASK
This nourishing matcha tea mask will add strength to your hair while enhancing its shine.
- 15 ml of matcha tea
- 15 ml of green clay
- 5 ml of sesame oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 45 ml of jasmine water
- A large bowl for the mask
- Mix matcha tea with green clay.
- Add the egg yolk, mix.
- Pour the sesame oil into the mixture, mix.
- Add jasmine water to the mixture, mix.
- Apply the mask to clean, damp hair.
- Leave on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Allow hair to air dry.
Whether it is a homemade hair mask or rinse water, tea-based hair treatments are natural and effective alternatives to the hair products on the market. For optimal effect, be sure to allow the mask to work itself into the hair. Take this opportunity to relax and enjoy a cup of tea!